Quiz Aisle (“Company” or “we” or “us” or “our”) respects the privacy of its users (“user” or “you”) that use our website located at www.quiziaisle.com, including other media forms, media channels, mobile website or mobile application related or connected thereto (collectively, the “Website”).
“Non-Personally-Identifying Information” is information that, without the aid of additional information, cannot be directly associated with a specific person. “Personally-Identifying Information,” by contrast, is information such as a name or email address that,without more, can be directly associated with a specific person. Like most website operators, Company gathers from users of the Website Non-Personally-Identifying Information of the sort that Web browsers, depending on their settings, may make available. That information includes the user’sInternet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type and the locations of the websites the user views right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving the Website. Although such informationis not Personally-Identifying Information, it may be possible for Company to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet service provider and the geographic location of the visitor’s point of connectivity as well as other statistical usage data. Company analyzes Non-Personally-Identifying Information gathered from users of the Website to help Company better understand how the Website is being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, Company isable to better design the Website to improve users’ experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. From time to time, Company may also release the Non-Personally-Identifying Information gathered from Website users in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website.
As defined above, Personally-Identifying Information is information that can be directly associated with a specific person. Company may collect a range of Personally-Identifying Information from and about Website users. Much of the Personally-Identifying Information collected by Company about users is information provided by users themselves when:
- registering for our service
- logging in with social network credentials
- participating in polls, contests, surveys or otherfeatures of our service, or responding to offers or advertisements
- communicating with us
- creating a public profile or
- signing up to receive newsletters.
That information may include each user’s name, address, email address and telephone number, and, ifyou transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender, age, date of birth, username, hometown and other demographic or relevant information as determined by Company from time to time.Users of the Website are under no obligation to provide Company with Personally-Identifying Information of any kind, with the caveat that a user’srefusal to do so may prevent the user from using certain Website features.
By registering with or using the website, you consent to the use and disclosure of your personally-identifying information as described in this “collection, use and disclosure of personally-identifying information” section.
Company uses thePersonally-Identifying Information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Website:
- to deliver the products and services that you have requested
- to manage your account and provide you with customer support
- to communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our affiliate companies or other third parties
- to develop and displaycontent and advertising tailored to your interests on the Website and other sites
- to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems
- to measure consumer interest in our services
- to inform you of updates
- to customize your experience
- to detect and protect usagainst error, fraud and other criminal activity
- to do as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
At times, we may lookacross multiple users to identify problems. In particular, we may examine your Personally-Identifying Information to identify users using multiple user IDs or aliases. We may compare and review your Personally-Identifying Information foraccuracy and to detect errors and omissions. We may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on the Website, enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
We may share aggregated and Non-Personally Identifying Information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with thirdparties and our affiliate companies to develop and deliver targeted advertisingon the Website and on websites of third parties. We may combine Non-Personally Identifying Information we collect with additional Non-Personally Identifying Information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated informationwith third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to the Website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any Personally-Identifying Information and may be used to develop website contentand services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to targetcontent and advertising.
We take the security of your Personally-Identifying Information seriously and use reasonable electronic, personnel and physical measures to protect it from loss, theft, alteration or misuse. However, please be advised that even the best security measures cannot fully eliminate all risks. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We are not responsible for third-party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
We are dedicated to protect all information on the Website as is necessary. However, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Personally-Identifying Information by keeping your password confidential. You should change your password immediately if you believe someone has gained unauthorized access to it or your account. If you lose control of your account, you should notify us immediately.
Company will disclose Personally-Identifying Information under the following circumstances:
- Marketing Communications. Unless users opt-out from receiving Company marketing materials, Company may email users about products and services that Company believes may be of interest to them. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing materials from Company, you may do so by following the unsubscribe link in the email communications, by going to youraccount settings (if applicable) or contacting us using the official contact information.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Personally-Identifying Information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address) with our authorized service providers that perform certainservices on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting the Website’s functionality and supporting contests,sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through the Website. We may also share your name, contact information and credit card information with ourauthorized service providers who process credit card payments. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purpose.
Please note that cookies don't allow us to gain control of your computer in any way. They are strictly used to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not so that we can provide a better experience for you.
Company users who do not wish to have webcookies placed on their computers should set their browsers to refuse web cookies before accessing the website, with the understanding that certainfeatures of the website may not function properly without the aid of web cookies. Website users who refuse web cookies assume all responsibility for anyresulting loss of functionality.
We may use third-partyadvertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Website. These companiesmay use information (not including any Personally-Identifying Information)about your visits to the Website and other websites that are contained in WebCookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interestto you. Using a tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative, you can optout of several third-party ad servers’ and networks’ WebCookies simultaneously. If you would like more information about this practiceand to know your choices about not having this information used by thesecompanies, please follow the following links: http://networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, http://preferences-mgr.truste.com/, or http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please contact us if you would like to know the identity of the third-partyadvertising companies we are currently using to serve ads.
A “Web Beacon” is an object that is embedded in aweb page or email that is usually invisible to the user and allows websiteoperators to check whether a user has viewed a particular web page or an email. Company may use Web Beacons on the Website and in emails to count users who have visited particular pages, viewed emails and to deliver co-brandedservices. Web Beacons are not used to access users’ Personally-IdentifyingInformation. They are a technique Company may use to compile aggregated statistics about Website usage. Web Beacons collect only a limited set ofinformation, including a Web Cookie number, time and date of a page or email view and a description of the page or email on which the Web Beacon resides. You may not decline Web Beacons. However, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all Web Cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a Web Cookie is tendered, permitting you to accept or decline Web Cookies on an individual basis.
We may use third-party vendors, including Google, who use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie)together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on your past activity on the Website, including Google Analytics for Display Advertising. The information collected may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. If you do not want any information to be collected and used by Google Analytics, youcan install an opt-out in your web browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) and/or opt out from GoogleAnalytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings (www.google.com/settings/ads).
• Mobile Device. If you use a mobile device to access the Website ordownload any of our applications, we may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
• Geo-Location Information. Unless we have received your prior consent, we do not access or track any location-based information from your mobile device at anytime while downloading or using our mobile application or our services, exceptt hat it may be possible for Company to determine from an IP address the geographic location of your point of connectivity, in which case we may gather and use such general location data.
• Push Notifications. We send you push notifications if you choose to receive them, letting you know when someone has sent you a message or for other service-related matters. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types ofcommunications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
• Mobile Analytics. We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software may record information, such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any Personally-Identifying Information you submit within the mobile application.
We may provide you the option to connect your account on the Website to your account on some social networking sites for the purpose of logging in, uploading information or enabling certain features on the Website. When logging in using your social network credentials,we may collect the Personally-Identifying Information you have made publicly available on the social networking site, such as your name, profile picture,cover photo, username, gender, friends network, age range, locale, friend list and any other information you have made public. Once connected, other users may also be able to see information about your social network, such as the size of your network and your friends, including common friends. By connecting your account on the Website to your account on any social networking site, you hereby consent to the continuous release of information about you to us. We will not send any of your account information to the connected social networking site without first disclosing that to you. Each social network may further allow you to set privacy controls around your information on their system, and our collection of information will always follow such controls and permissions. This feature is subject to continuous change and improvement by us and each social networking site involved, and therefore the available features and shared information are subject to change without notice to you.
We may use hyperlinks on theWebsite which will redirect you to a social network if you click on the respective link. However, when you click on a social plug-in, such as Facebook’s “Like” button, Twitter’s “tweet” button or the Whatsapp text, that particular social network’s plugin will be activated and your browser willdirectly connect to that provider’s servers. If you do not use these buttons none, of your data will be sent to the respective social network’s plugin provider. So for example, when you click on the Facebook’s “Like” button on the Website, Facebook will receive your IP address, the browser version and screenresolution, and the operating system of the device you have used to access the Website. Settings regarding privacy protection can be found on the websites ofthese social networks and are not within our control.
We may occasionally use your name and email address to send you notifications regarding new services offered by the Website that we think you may find valuable. We may also send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the service. Generally, you may opt out of such emails through your account settings, though we reserve the right to send you notices about your account, such as service announcements and administrative messages, even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personally-Identifying Information from anyone under the age of 13, unless or except as permitted by law. Any person who provides Personally-Identifying Information through the Website represents to us that he or she is 13 years of age or older. If we learn that Personally-Identifying Information has been collected from a user under 13 years of age on or through the Website, then we will take the appropriate steps to cause this informationto be deleted. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 who has become a member of the Website or has otherwise transferred Personally-Identifying Information to the Website, please contact Company using our offficial contact information to have that child's account terminated and information deleted.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about the Personally-Identifying Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of the Personally-Identifying Information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared Personally-Identifying Information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us.
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, the Website currently does not respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.